Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Riding a camel

3. Riding a Camel
Before Going: 2/10
Reason for Score: I didn’t believe there was any point in it, and it was only a waste of good touring time


Why you should: It was unbelievably fun, and just as cool to be acting like Lawrence of Arabia or any other inspiring desert travelers. We also got a whole lot of great pictures, too. You couldn’t believe how people react when they see a picture of you, on a camel, in front of the Pyramids



How:Be very careful about who you get your camel ride from- many of the people who are out there trying to get tourists will rip you off. If you show any interest at all in what they’re selling, your trip to the Pyramids of Giza will not be a pleasant one. I’ve even heard of people that give you a “free”camel ride-but charge you to get off. Now there are more considerate camel salesmen, and I know of at least one group located behind the Pyramids. It is best advised to ask your tour guide who he trusts, and have him there to broker the deal. The man I went with had also given a ride to President Obama, during his aforementioned trip. If you’re on your own, I recommend that you try to find a trader that is not trying to sell to you, and therefore less likely to rip you off. Also, make sure you sit with your legs crossed over on one side, as you will see me doing in the below pictures. This will keep you from falling off.


After Going: 8/10
Reason for score: Very fun and you get great pictures.

Email me at michaelworldtravel@gmail.com with any questions or comments


On a camel in front of the Pyramids-A very unique experience
The proper way to ride a camel, legs crossed off to the side
Riding out into the desert
All three pyramids, me, and a camel
Say hello to the folks back home
Getting on and off the camel, the most dangerous part
Our guide, Marwa, and I discuss the pyramids, and whether or not they were built by aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, give me your feedback on my blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.