Friday, June 8, 2012

Three Golden Rules for Safe Travel to Israel

1. Check the Travel Warnings of the U.S. State Department at travel.state.gov before planning your trip and continue checking until you leave for Israel. They will update their warning with any recent news. I know I write this in all of my posts but I can't emphasize enough how useful this is.


2. Avoid travel through the West Bank except for Masada and the Dead Sea. The West Bank is governed (badly) by the Palestinian Authority, and is essentially cordoned off from the rest of Israel. Riots frequently arise here and have to be defeated by police forces.  There are, however, several Christian Pilgrimage sights in the area, most notably Bethlehem, and these places are safe most of the time. If you do chose to enter the West Bank, do so at your own risk.


3. Do not travel in or near the Gaza Strip at any time! This location is known for its rocket and bombing attacks on Israeli security forces, and their retaliatory air strikes. Terrorists have launched rockets many kilometers from Gaza before, and may start again at any time. I do not advise travel here for any reason.


Following these three simple rules can make your trip to Israel a very pleasant one. Israel is a country filled with history and a great place to go. Click here for more Golden Rules.


E-mail me with any questions at michaelworldtravel@gmail.com. They are very likely to get answered, as no one has e-mailed me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, give me your feedback on my blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.